Burn Permits


The City of Spring Hill does not allow open burning. 

We do not issue burn permits.

Blasting – Regulated by the State of Tennessee: 

The State of Tennessee regulates all construction blasting. If you have questions about construction blasting, please contact the State Fire Marshal’s office at (615) 741-7190.

Campfires & Bonfires – No Permit Required: 

Permits are not required for campfires and bonfires, but they must be approved by the Fire Marshal's office or the Battalion Chief prior to use. Recreational fire pits are not to be used for burning of trash or large amounts of yard waste. The fire pit shall not be located within twenty-five feet of a structure or any combustibles. It must not be any larger than three feet in diameter, or more than two feet in height.

Construction Burning – NO LONGER issuing

Construction Burn Permits are no longer being issued, effective 6.29.2020. All construction debris must be hauled away from the site.

Hand-Warming (In-barrel) No permit issued

The use of a fifty-five gallon barrel is allowed for hand-warming and the barrel shall be at least fifteen feet from any structure or combustibles.

Residential Trash / Brush Burning - Prohibited

Residential burning of trash and/or yard waste/brush is prohibited in Spring Hill. The City of Spring Hill’s Public Works Department collects yard waste / brush from homeowners. For more information, contact the Public Works Department at (931) 486-2252 ext. 279.